1. Krishi Vigyan Kendra, IISR (ICAR), Lucknow, 226002, U.P, India
2. Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Lohaghat, GBPUA&T, Pantnagar, India
3. Krishi Vigyan Kendra, S.V. P.UA&T, Ghaziabad,-U.P, India
4. Vivekananda Parvatiya Krishi Anusandhan Sansthan (I.C.A.R.), Almora 263 601 Uttarakhand, India
5. C.S.S.S.P.G.College Machhara, Meerut,U.P., India
International Journal of Horticulture, 2013, Vol. 3, No. 5 doi: 10.5376/ijh.2013.03.0005
Received: 21 Jan., 2013 Accepted: 01 Feb., 2013 Published: 07 Feb., 2013
This is an open access article published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License
, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Deepak R., Singh A.K., Sushil S.N., Rai M.K., Gupta J.P., and Tyagi M.P., 2013, Efficacy of Insecticides against American Serpentine Leaf Miner, Liriomyza trifolii (Burgess) on Tomato Crop in N-W region of Uttar Pradesh, India, 3(5): 19-21 (doi: 10.5376/ijh.2013.03.0005)
The American serpentine leaf miner, Liriomyza trifolii (Burgess) was observed as an important pest of tomato crop. Studies were conducted on the efficacy of selected insecticides against this pest. Larval mining cause greater injury. Among eight insecticides tested for their efficacy against L. trifolii on variety Avinash of tomato, Profenophos 40% + Cypermethrin 4% was found to be the most effective over control, while other insecticides were also showed significant result on the leaf miner infestation.